This morning, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Chemical Safety Committee
The Chemical Safety Committee is responsible for overseeing all uses of chemicals on the UAA campus. This committee reviews safety procedures and ensures compliance with the UAA Chemical Hygiene Plan 麻将游戏赚钱(see Laboratory policies link below for current plan).
UAA Requirements for Lab Safety
Before Purchasing Chemicals: If a Principal Investigator (PI) or their designee need chemicals for their research or class, contact Marcy Marino, Chemical Safety Officer, at (907) 786-1279 or email@example.com.
Training: All UAA employees teaching or conducting research in any UAA laboratory that has biological, chemical, radiological or physical hazards must be trained appropriately. All UAA employees teaching or conducting research in any non-chemical laboratory must also have appropriate training. Laboratory training forms麻将游戏赚钱 are accessible for download from the lower left-hand side of the Forms and Templates page on the EHSRMS website.
EHSRMS Helpful Links
- Laboratory policies at UAA for UAA's Research Lab Policy, Laboratory Hazardous Waste Policy, Radioactive Waste Policy, and other laboratory polices.
- : (Scroll down to College)
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories: Accident Prevention for College and University Students, Vol. 1, 7th Ed.
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories: Accident Prevention for Faculty and Administrators, Vol. 2, 7th Ed.
- "Safety for Introductory Chemistry Students" Brochure