On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Academic Program Actions
The sites require log in using the regular UA username and password.
- EXISTING PROGRAM: ACCESS, REVISE (EDIT), DEACTIVATE. The program management system also allows you to track where the curriculum is in the approval process and to see the workflow.
- NEW PROGRAM: PRE-APPROVAL (PRE-PROSPECTUS)
The provost must approve a pre-prospectus, before faculty submit curriculum for a new program. The pre-prospectus requires basic information in five areas: program overview; mission/strategic alignment; student demand/State needs; student opportunities/success; and resource implications. 麻将游戏赚钱.
View curriculum dates and deadlines including for new program proposals. Keep in mind that the approval process takes time, and most new programs need Board of Regents approval and then review by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- NEW PROGRAM: FULL PROSPECTUS
Once the pre-prospectus is approved, the faculty initiator will receive an expanded prospectus to complete. 麻将游戏赚钱by selecting your name/role in the drop-down menu, and selecting “Edit.”
The expanded prospectus includes the five answers to the pre-prospectus questions and additional questions regarding: enrollment; capacity and quality; affected programs; program accreditation/special certifications; assessment; implementation schedule; e-learning options; faculty and staff; and supporting documents. (For reference, faculty can preview the questions included in the full prospectus.)
In addition to responding to the additional questions, faculty may expand their answers that rolled over from the pre-prospectus.
麻将游戏赚钱Required additional documents include a Board of Regents Program Action Request (PAR) and an Assessment Plan.
The Assessment Handbook and an assessment plan template are available on the 麻将游戏赚钱. The Assessment Plan is reviewed by the Faculty Senate Academic Assessment Committee concurrent with the curriculum approval process. Because it is integrally connected to the curriculum, faculty develop the assessment plan as part of developing the curriculum for a new program.
The dean’s office and faculty should consult with OAA as they work on the prospectus and Board of Regents Program Action Request (PAR) form. OAA will provide the latest version of the Board of Regents PAR form.
Consult with the Office of Academic Affairs early on for assistance with this process. Email OAA.
- ASSESSMENT PLAN: ADDING OR REVISING
- New programs will develop an assessment plan as part of the proposal process. The plan is submitted at the same time and in the electronic form as the program catalog copy.
- Existing programs may revise their assessment plans as they make other changes to their curriculum.
- If a program plans to make changes solely to the assessment plan or Program Student Learning Outcomes, submit through the . After selecting “Yes” for the first question to indicate the only changes are to the assessment plan, the form and review workflow are shortened.
- Since the curriculum management system is new, some program assessment plans are not yet attached in the system. To submit your assessment plan without other program changes, follow the instructions above in #3.
Contact the Faculty Senate Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) to determine if the uploaded plan must go through the AAC for review. The AAC reviews all new and revised assessment plans.
- APPROVING CURRICULUMIf you are an approver, , and select your name/role from the drop-down menu. From this site you will be able to approve all curriculum, including new and revised program catalog copy, new program prospectuses, and new and revised courses.
- CHECKING CURRICULUM APPROVAL STATUSTo check the status of curriculum proposals, you will need to go to the appropriate section of the curriculum management system: , , and .