On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Geomatics Advisory Board
The UAA College of Engineering Geomatics Advisory Board (GAB) is to serve as an advocate for the UAA Geomatics Department. Advice will be provided about industry needs, academic programs, career opportunities for students, staffing, and budget matters. The GAB will support the Geomatics department in outreach activities to educate the public about program benefits.
- Buchanan, Steve (Chair) - SurvBase
- Brooks, Paul - LifeMed Alaska, Beacon OHSS
- Cusick, Joel - National Park Service
- Ditmer, Isaiah - Kodiak Mapping Inc.
- Dowling, Jennifer - DAT/EM Systems International
- Gabrielson, Eric - Design Alaska
- Gutzwiller, Brian - Michael Baker International
- Huhta, Kurt - Bureau of Land Management
- Koltun, John - Integrated Geospatial, LLC
- Moll, Stan - DAT/EM Systems International
- Morganson, Terri - ERSI
- Newman, Tom - TerraSond Limited
- Preston, William - R&M Consultants, Inc.
- Quinn, Kevin - Kodiak Mapping Inc.
- Schmitt, Steve - Municipality of Anchorage
- Sharp, Jim - WHPacific, Inc.
- Wardwell, Nathan - JOA Surveys, LLC
- Yates, Jeff - DAT/EM Systems International
- Davis, Don - UAA Emeritus Professor
- Geomatics faculty
- Geomatics Student Association